External Youth Services
Warrington Youth Club
Warrington Youth Club supports young people’s development, offering opportunities to gain, increase and develop skills, knowledge, self awareness and confidence, and enabling them to make positive and healthy life choices through their wide range of programmes aimed at different age groups.
For more information:
Telephone 01925 909660
Website Warrington Youth Club
Warrington Borough Council
The council’s youth work service offers lots of activities and one-to-one work to support your personal and social development if you're aged 11-19. You can get involved in sessions based on music, art, dance and sports, and also discussions in group situations. They also offer a Youth Connect drop in service; a confidential sexual health drop in service for young people aged 13-19 years.
For more information:
Website Warrington Borough Council - Youth Services
The Gay and Lesbian Youth Support Service
This is a Warrington Youth Service Project offering support to young people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or trans (LGBT). They can offer a safe, supportive and anonymous meeting space for:
- Meeting other LGBT young people and groups
- Exploring your identity and coming out
- Working out family and relationship problems
- Challenge homophobic bullying at school and work
- Gain sexual and mental health advice.
GLYSS also offers support to parents and carers of young gay people.
Happens on a Wednesday evening in a town centre location, so that young people can visit safely and by themselves.
Contact Jane by calling or texting 07747473829 or email email@example.com
The Peace Centre
- Independent Living Skills - aim to help you take on the responsibility and improve your independence. The programme lasts for six weeks and can offer you advice and tips on various things including healthy relationships, sexual health, drug and alcohol awareness, domestic duties, personal hygiene, healthy living, meal preparation and budgeting. Open to young people with disabilities up to 25 years old. Every Thursday 7 to 9.
- Girls Group - Girls Group gives you the opportunity to meet and make new friends. Girls come from all different areas of Warrington to socialise and learn more about the issues which can affect them. You will have the opportunity to ask questions, voice anxieties and share experiences in a relaxed and confidential environment. The group runs on Mondays from 7 to 9 and is open to 11 to 19 year olds.
- Independence - Formerly Planet Blue, our Thursday night Open Access is much more than a Youth Club for young people with disabilities, it’s an opportunity for you to catch up with your friends, chill out and try new activities! Available to 11 to 25 year olds.
Many more activities are available. Head over to the website to find out more.
Tel: 01925 581238
Website: The Peace Centre
Warrington Health Visiting
Grappenhall Clinic for South and Central Warrington Area Telephone: 01925 867908
Penketh Clinic for West and Central Warrington Area Telephone: 01925 867928
Birchwood Clinic for East and Central Warrington Area Telephone: 01925 843868