Mrs Beverly Hackwell (Associate Partner)
- RGN Nurse Practitioner BSc(Hons)
- Holds a dual role within the practice team; Nurse Practitioner/Associate Partner, dividing her time between having a Strategic lead within the Practice and providing clinical care
Mrs Karen Chriscoli – Practice Manager
- BA(Hons) Business Management, Chester University 2014
- Operational lead for day to day running of Practice
- Patient liaison for compliments, complaints and queries. Responsible for Patient Participation Group.
- HR lead for all staff
- Information Governance lead
- Finance Lead
Mrs Susan Clerkin, Practice Administrator
- Main responsibility is to oversee the private medical services offered at the Medical Centre.
- Subject Access Requests
- Insurance reports
- Requests for medical records
Mrs Sharon Scotson is our in-house Medicines Co-ordinator. She works alongside the Medicines Management team (Warrinton CCG) to help with efficiencies in prescribing. Mrs Scotson will contact patients by letter to advise of any changes to their medication.
The Reception Office Supervisors are Mrs Sharon Scotson and Mrs Michelle Carey.
- General administration
- Help with day to day enquires on the telephone or in person
- Assist with feedback or problems with the front of house or back office
Our receptionists are all trained Patient Advisors
They have been trained to ask certain questions in order to ensure that you receive:
- The most appropriate clinical care
- From the most appropriate clinician/health care professional
- At the most appropriate time
They are asked to collect brief information from the patients:
- To help clinicians to prioritise their workload
- To ensure that all patients receive the appropriate level of care
- To direct patients to see a nurse of health care professional
- To help to direct patient to where they can find advice to self-manage problems e.g. local pharmacy, or NHS choices/ Self-Care Forum, My Life Warrington
Patient Advisors, like all members of the team, are bound by confidentiality rules.
- Any information given by you us treated strictly confidentially
- The practice would take any breach of confidentially very seriously and would deal with it accordingly.
- You can ask to speak to Patient Advisors privately; we have a small room available next to reception desk.
- However if you feel an issue is very private and do not wish to say this will be respected.
All staff adhere to the Practice’s Confidentiality Policy and Data Protection Act 2018.